SRT Tree Climber
Examine safe and efficient methods of work positioning through the tree on a stationary rope with this new Tree Care Academy credential. Designed to be used in conjunction with on-the-job training, this module will help you qualify employees, according to OSHA and ANSI Z133.1 guidelines, and offer a means of readying employees for advancement. It also helps to verify that your employees understand basic safety concepts required to climb using SRT during tree care operations.
This course is only open to those who have completed Tree Climber Specialist.
This course covers:
- Support points
- Re-directing the climbing line
- Vector forces as applied to tree strength for climbing
- SRT equipment selections based on rope compatibility are emphasized
CEUS: 2.25 ISA CEUs / 2.25 CTSP CEUs
Use the SRT Climber manual to help train your employees. In addition to the manual, you should include on-the-job training. The following TCIA training materials could also be used (optional):
- Best Practices for SRT in Arboriculture
Use the checklist provided in the SRT Climber manual to verify and document that the enrollee has learned the required skills to be considered qualified according to OSHA and ANSI Z133.1 standards.
Enrollment and Benefits:
Our low enrollment fee includes the SRT Climber manual and:
- Test correction by TCIA
- Transcript storage in TCIA database
- Helmet Decal, Sleeve Patch, Certificate, Laminated Wallet Card upon completion
For more information about careers in Arboriculture, please visit our Career Center!