ANSI A300 (Part 2) - 2018 Soil Management
The A300 Part 2 standard addresses the following items:
a. Modification section
- Evaluating site soil condition practices
- Managing soil organic matter content practices
- Incorporation of soil amendments
- Compaction – prevention and mitigation practices
- Mechanical soil loosening
- Surface application of organic mulch
b. Fertilization section
- Soil reaction (pH) adjustment
- Fertilization practices
- Calculations for fertilization area
- Fertilization applications
Note: The Fertilization section recognizes and provides standards for basic fertilization methods:
- Surface fertilization: The application of dry fertilizer on the soil surface.
- Subsurface dry fertilization: The application of dry fertilizer below the soil surface.
- Subsurface liquid fertilizer injection: The application of liquid fertilizer below the soil surface.
- Alternative fertilization: A number of techniques that may include spraying a liquid directly on the foliage, injecting a liquid directly into the plant, or implanting a solid directly into the plant.
Surface application shall not be made where surface runoff is likely to occur.
c. Drainage section:
- Mitigation of impenetrable layers
- Mitigation/adjustment of surface drainage
- Mitigation/adjustment of subsurface drainage
Part 2 Soil Management Resources: