"Accreditation begins to validate that a company, not just an individual, has the capacity to perform arboriculture services as a whole, in a manner that follows all regulatory requirements across the board.”
Kevin Caldwell, Caldwell Tree Care (Accredited since 2007)
Any commercial tree care company in the United States and Canada can apply for accreditation.
- TCIA recommends you contact Charlie Tentas, account representative for TCIA’s Accreditation and CTSP programs, to discuss the program, requirements and how Accreditation fits with your company's goals. In this way, you pre-qualify your company for the program.
- Candidates should then complete the Accreditation Enrollment Form and return it to TCIA (fax or mail) with the enrollment fee.
- When you enroll in the program, you receive an Accreditation USB drive that includes an interactive checklist of key elements designed to evaluate your company against industry standards and best business practices in order to improve your performance.
The Accreditation USB drive includes the following:
- Accreditation Guide & Checklist
- Digital versions of TCIA’s Illness & Injury Prevention Program company guide
- Compliance resources
- Award-winning TCIA Business Management Guide
- Accreditation Standards
- …and more!
Review the Accreditation USB drive and begin sending in the key elements listed on the interactive checklist.
- Call TCIA to schedule your site visit once you’ve sent in all the required elements. This site visit (one facility, up to 50 employees) is conducted and an accreditation report is filed for your company.
- Your company will be accredited if everything meets Accreditation program standards. You will be given specific instructions on how to complete the process and become accredited if you have work that still needs to be done, or elements that need to be addressed.
Maintenance & Renewals
Your certification is in effect for three years and there are renewal check-ups required every year. These renewals ensure the following:
- You have the required number of arborists on staff.
- Your company is properly insured.
- Your company has a good safety and consumer satisfaction rating.
For more information on your accreditation renewal, contact Walt Jackson, Credentialing Specialist.