Employ an Aborist Apprentice
Quality staff is your company’s greatest asset.
TCIA’s Arborist Apprenticeship Program offers a new approach to filling the skills gap.
How can apprenticeship benefit your business?
Offering apprenticeship is a very effective recruiting and retention tool. Apprenticeship is a highly attractive opportunity for applicants looking to enter the industry, as well as for those already on your team. By offering apprenticeship, your business can grow and thrive!
- Highly-skilled employees that adopt a safer work ethic and will produce quality results for your business, ultimately saving you money
- A committed team whose skills, confidence and loyalty will develop under your expert supervision
- Flexibility to replenish your workforce as experienced employees transition to different roles, change careers or retire
- Increased productivity, resulting in a profitable return on investment for every dollar you spend on training
- Lower recruiting costs because a motivated, satisfied employee with a defined career path and wage progression is likely to stay longer
TCIA is here to support you!
As the program sponsor, TCIA is here to support your business from start to finish by:
- Offering a low barrier to entry with low start-up costs
- Providing Tree Care Academy training materials
- Supplying an easy-to-use online portal to track progress
- Supporting your recruiting efforts with a pool of qualified candidates
What is apprenticeship, and what are the requirements for participating employers?
What is a journeyworker, and how do I know if I have a qualified person on my team to be the journeyworker to train my apprentice?
The program is designed to focus on hands-on learning, in the field.
To complement learning in the field, your apprentice will also take related courses in a classroom or online.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to commonly asked questions about the Arborist Apprenticeship Program.
Contact TCIA’s Workforce Development team to learn how the Arborist Apprenticeship Program and TCIA can help you build a stronger team and a more profitable business: call 800-733-2622 or email Apprenticeship@tcia.org.