Utility Contractor Accreditation Program
"Accreditation has become part of our marketing. We're proud of it and we let people know. I think Accreditation will become standard. Reputable people want to hire a reputable company."
Robert Meckley II, York Tree Service, Accredited since 2007, Utility Accredited since 2013.
The TCIA Utility Contractor Accreditation program is for commercial right-of-way (ROW) vegetation management/utility line clearance contractors.
The TCIA Utility Contractor Accreditation Program, like the established TCIA Residential/Commercial Accreditation program, is a business practices and compliance audit process.
Designed to help tree care companies improve themselves and become models of professionalism, the program also gives those companies that are already doing everything right a third-party credential to prove it.
This credential gives utility and ROW managers all of the important information they need to hire a professional company with high standards in safety, technical services, regulatory compliance and general business practices.
Clients can have greater peace of mind with the knowledge that hiring a TCIA Accredited Utility Contractor for their tree and vegetation management services helps to ensure safe and professional work on their properties and rights of way.
This credential will help you:
- Compete among the most professional companies in the field
- Build documented safety and training programs
- Establish policies to help your employees perform better
- Evaluate your company against the industry
- Get ahead of your competition for utility and ROW line clearing contracts
You'll have everything you need to outbid the competition, and demonstrate your excellence in safety, technical services, regulatory compliance and general business practices.
The Utility Contractor Accreditation Standard and on-site assessment checklist include items that utility and other ROW purchasing agents routinely require in contracts, such as:
- Governmental regulations (OSHA 1910.269; other applicable OSHA standards, FMCSR, FIFRA, etc.
High industry standards for performance and safety (ANSI A300 and ANSI Z133)
- Internal human resource policies and procedures
- Internal safety training and qualification program (Enrollment includes TCIA's Injury and Illness Prevention Program company guide, and others)
- ISA Certified Arborist - Utility Specialist and Certified Treecare Safety Professionals on staff
Clients can have greater peace of mind with the knowledge that hiring a TCIA Accredited Utility Contractor for their tree and vegetation management services helps to ensure safe and professional work on their properties and rights-of-way.
When you enroll in the program, you receive a Utility Accreditation CD that includes an interactive checklist of key elements designed to evaluate your company against industry standards and best business practices in order to improve your performance.
The CD includes:
- Utility Accreditation Checklist
- TCIA's Illness & Injury Prevention Program Company Guide
- Compliance Resources
- Award-Winning Business Management Guide
For more information about the Utility Contractor Accreditation program, contact Charlie Tentas for your free assessment to see what TCIA Utility Contractor Accreditation can do for your business or call 800-733-2622.