Tree Climber Specialist™
Keep your tree climbers motivated and trained by giving them an industry credential. This will help you verify, according to OSHA and ANSI Z133 guidelines, that you have given safety training to all your employees according to their job description. It also helps to verify that your employees understand basic safety concepts required to climb trees safely and are qualified to be a tree climber for your company.
The Tree Climber Specialist course is designed to give an additional credential to your tree care apprentices or ground operations specialists. This course is open to Tree Care Apprentice and Ground Operations Specialists and is available in English and Spanish.
The course covers:
- Climbing fundamentals
- How to plan and execute climbing operations
- Some basic climbing systems/techniques
- Introduction to rigging for removal
CEUs: 5.5 ISA CEUs / 5.5 CTSP CEUs
- Use the Tree Climber Specialist manual to help train your employees. In addition to the manual, you should include on-the-job training. The following TCIA training materials could also be used (optional):
- Basic Training for Tree Climbers DVD Series - Videos 1-5
- Rigging for Removal Videos 1-2
Use the checklist provided in the Tree Climber Specialist manual to verify and document that the enrollee has learned the required skills to be considered qualified according to OSHA and ANSI Z133.1 standards.
Enrollment and Benefits:
Our low enrollment fee includes the Tree Climber Specialist manual and:
- Test correction by TCIA
- Transcript storage in TCIA database
- Helmet Decal, Certificate, Laminated Wallet Card upon completion
Workshops are not available for this program.
The current available courses include
(follow the sequence below for training):
For more information about careers in Arboriculture, please visit our Career Center.