Attention MA Members:
The Massachusetts Workforce Training Fund Express Program
Did you know that you could be eligible for up to 50% reimbursement for attending UMass Extension Educational Programs?
- Available for Massachusetts businesses with 100 or fewer employees that contribute to the Workforce Training Fund (all for-profit companies automatically pay into the fund), or companies whose employees work primarily in Massachusetts.
- Grant funds are limited to $30,000 per company per calendar year and to $3,000 per employee per course.
- Approved businesses will be reimbursed for up to 50% of the actual cost of training.
You must apply 6 weeks before the educational program's start date; you cannot apply for reimbursement after the fact.
For more details and FAQ's, go to workforcetrainingfund.org/programs/express-program
Eligible UMass Extension programs in 2018 - Use these Course ID #'s when applying:
- 2/6/18 Landscape Safety Conference (#1115118)
- 3/6/18 Community Tree Conference: Ecological Perspectives of the Urban Forest (#1115126)
- 3/29/18 Spring Kickoff for Landscapers: Sustainable Landscape Management Education Day (#1115117)
Invasive Plant Management Certification
- 2/21/18 Principles and Fundamentals of Weed Science (A1) (#1115119)
- 3/13/18 State Regulations Pertaining to Invasive Plant Management (A2 )(#1115120)
- 3/22/18 The Invasive Plant Issue & Invasive Plant ID (A3) (#1115121)
- 4/4/18 Developing an Invasive Plant Management Program (B) (#1115122)
- 8/9/18 Landscape & Forest Tree & Shrub Insect Workshop (#1115128)
- 10/29/18 Green School 2018 (#1115129)
Questions? Contact the Express Program of the Workforce Training Fund, (617) 717-6943, email@example.com