The EHAP Renewal Process
TCIA has made some exciting changes to the Electrical Hazards Awareness Program (EHAP), which will affect EHAP-trained employees. These changes go into effect on September 1, 2022.
TCIA will send quarterly reminder emails to the primary contact and/or training administrator for each company. Be sure you have emails from TCIA whitelisted.
In summary, EHAP-trained employees will no longer have to purchase annual renewal products that only cover specific parts of the full EHAP course to maintain their active status. Instead, they will be required to complete the full EHAP course each year. This updated course will provide a much-improved learning experience and will be fully online, narrated for ease of learning, and serve as the industry's best practice.
- After September 1, EHAP renewal products (Renewals 1-5) will not be available for purchase.
- The EHAP program will be available at the same price. It will be considered the new program standard. The course offers open navigation, which means you can skip to the tests, but all the updated content will also be available.
- The Z133 will no longer be included with the EHAP product but is available for purchase separately. All the content related to electrical hazards in the Z133 is included in the EHAP course.
- The enhancements to the new course include: The online EHAP is more interactive to improve the learning experience. The content can be fully narrated as well as the exams.
Employees must complete the following requirements for the EHAP program:
- Pass a 25-question test for each of the six chapters with a grade of 85% or better.
- Submit proof of performing a practice Aerial Rescue from a height of at least 35 feet.
- Submit a valid copy of FirstAid/CPR cards
Once a candidate has completed training and provided all necessary documentation, a certificate of completion will be awarded through Brightspace, our online learning platform. Certificate is valid for one year from date of completion. They will also receive a wallet card with renewal date.
Brightspace will send you, the individual, an email 30 days before your expiration.
*If you’re enrolled in EHAP and have questions about your grades or program status, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions and Answers
Can I swap out my old purchase for a new one? No. But, don’t worry, you will be getting the latest and best full EHAP program each year you purchase EHAP training moving forward.
Will the full EHAP course be updated when the new Z133 comes out? Yes, any new related Z133 changes will be updated into the new course in real-time.
Will the older (renewal) courses be automatically updated? No, those courses will be retired and no longer available for purchase.
For more information, contact or customer engagement coordinators at 1-800-733-2622.